2012-01-02

New Year's Eve (2)

Then she called to the kitchen, “Feina, remember to lock Ginger in the kitchen before you sleep.”
Ginger was their cat. Its skin colour was just like a gingerbread. He’s fat.
No one objected to Beth’s request. Feina didn’t care, she slept early everyday. Dad liked to nap on the couch in front of the TV set after dinner. He wouldn’t mind to move his big belly onto the bed earlier. Mum will support whatever Beth asked.
But Bill had his idea.
“I want to join too.” He said.
“What?” Beth opened her eyes wide. “I, Beth Cheng, have to invite you, Bill Cheng, to my party?”
She yelled, “The shame of it! No way!”
“Yes way!” Bill yelled back.
“Beth,” Dad said, “It won’t hurt. After all he’s your brother.”
 “In this way all my classmates will know this short idiot is my brother. Teresa will never stop teasing me. I will be ruined! My name will be a joke.”
“I’m not idiot! And you should not discriminate short people! You’re the youth member of Equal Opportunities Commission in your school.” Bill warned her.
“You discriminate Ginger too. You rejected to walk him out because he’s not a dog!” Beth never conceded.
“He’s only a pet. I am a human.” Bill protested.
“Tell you what, I’d rather take Ginger to the party than you. He’s beautiful. And he won’t behave silly to embarrass me.”
“I don’t care. I live here. I have the right too!” Bill insisted.
Youre still a primary pupil, only 11. You have to go to bed early.
Beth was cunning. Mum agreed immediately.
“Yes, it’s too late for you indeed. You are too small, and you are too skinny, plus you are too short.” Mum concluded, “You need to sleep early.”
It’s not fair!Bill stuck out his lower lip.
“Let’s take turn.” Beth was smart. “Next time I’ll imprison myself in bedroom when you have your OWN virtual party.” She winked at Bill and stood up heading to her room, “See you next year.”
~To be continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment