2012-01-06

School Day (1)

This is the first day to school after Christmas Holiday.
The morning of the school day was usually messy.
Dad asked, “Where’s my socks?”
Beth yelled, “Who’d touched my watercolour? The yellow one is missing!”
“Bill! Why your handbook is still on the desk?” Mum shouted, “I told you never touched the school bag after I’d checked it. I should have sealed it every night!”
Bill yawned, “I don’t know.” Feina helped him to dress up as he wandered about.
Even Ginger screamed, “MMEEOWW!!!” as Bill stepped on his tail carelessly.
After the battle they got out of the house one by one.
“Bye, Feina ……” they said.
“Byebye …….” Feina stood at the door and waved with a beautiful smile. She had very good mood at this time every day.
**********
Dad drove the car. Beth sat beside him. When they arrived at Bill’s school, Bill got out, Mum followed.
“Bye, Dad.” Bill said.
“Bye, Beth.” Mum said.
Bill wanted to keep away from Mum. He walked fast. But Mum caught up.
“See your collar! And the belt! Tut tut!” Mum tidied his clothes. “Bill, you’re already Grade 6. Don’t behave like a Grade 3.”
Bill wriggled to escape from Mom.
“Okay, bye honey.” Mum grasped him and KISSED him on the forehead.
Ugh! Please don’t! Bill thought.
Mum went upstairs alone. Bill looked around and hoped nobody had caught the sight.
Unluckily the auntie of the tuck shop was gazing at him. She worked there since last month.
Bill pretended nothing happened. He walked over and said, “Tuna sandwich and Vitasoy please.”
“Is that your mum?” Asked the tuck shop’s auntie.
Bill nodded.
“Is she a teacher?”
“Uh—uh.”
“Is she a staff?”
“Nope.”
“Is she the social worker or school worker?”
“Of course not.”
“I know she’s not the principal, whom I met before.”
She looked so curious. “Then who is she?”
“She’s just my mum.”
“I mean, what does she do?”
“She’s a housewife.”
“But why she comes to school EVERY day? And leaves so late?”
“She comes to help.”
“For free?”
“Of course, she’s a helper. She helps whenever the school needs her. In the swimming pool, library, classroom. For distributing lunch, decorating school hall, etc……..”
“I know. The parent helpers. There’re a lot here in this school. But everyday? EVERY whole day?”
“I bet there’re over 30 mums like her. You’re just too new here.” Bill sounded far too precocious.
“Wow….. I see.” She muttered, “Please don’t let them help over here. I need this job.”
~To be continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment