2012-01-07

School Day (2)

Bill didn’t want Mum to go to school so often either.
His classmate, Ben, liked to threaten him with this. Instead of saying “I’ll report you to Mrs. Dragon/ the discipline master/ the Principal.” He would say, “I’ll tell your mum! And see how she twists your ear. Heh heh heh heh.”
Bill hated his evil laugh so much.
Mum wouldn’t twist his ear. But she would shoot him an angry glare. And this embarrassed him so much.
He asked Mum not to go to school. At least not every day.
“I have to.”
“Mum loved you more than me.” Beth complained. “She seldom visits my school.”
“Of course not.” Mum comforted her. “You’ve already safe in De Beers Girl’s School. But Bill is in danger. I need to help him.”
“How?”
“I have to make good relationship with the supervisor, principal, teachers and anybody that concerned. In case I have to beg a place for him.”
“Begging? Oh no. It’s a shame!”
“Life is tough if you’re not good enough.”
Bill rolled his eyes.
“But there’re hundreds of parent helpers!” Beth said.
“That’s why I have to go DAILY. And I’ve gotten the chairman post of Art Club.”
“Is it very helpful?” Beth asked.
“Not too useful to be a minor club’s chairman. They said only the major post help. The chairmen of big clubs like football, swimming and music are useful.” Mum sighed. “Anyway it’s better than none.” Mum said sadly. “Regret that I lose the chairman of the Graduation Dinner.”
Bill heard there’s a big battle during the voting. And at the end Mum’s big competitor grabbed the post. She was Ben’s mother. Ben’s also a Band 3 student.
“But remember Mr. Chan, our neighbour?” Dad responded finally, “He’s the last Football Club’s chairman. I know that his son didn’t succeed last year.”
“His son’s a Band 3 student.”
“So does Bill.” Beth reminded her.
“Mrs. Dragon said he can be Band 2 minus if he tried a little bit harder.” Mum smiled, “You know there’s no difference between Band 2, Band 2 plus or Band 2 minus. They all have a chance to join the lucky allocation and most of them can go to La Belle Boys’ School.”
Bill just hoped that she wouldn’t be so confident.
~To be continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment